|Want to keep up on the latest things that are growing on at Farrand Farms? The man with the greenest thumb in Kansas City will help you with all his latest tips and share insight and info right here at Farrand's Notes. If you have some special questions or would like to suggest ideas for Keith to address just send him an email on the link under his picture.
Poinsettias, other great holiday plants and helpful hints to keep your plants beautiful and healthy
Monday, October 27, 2008
November 1, 2008
At Farrand Farms, we believe the most beautiful time of the year is the poinsettia season. The holidays are upon us and by mid-November nearly 15,000 poinsettias in all colors, shapes and sizes make the most exciting and impressive presentation of color anywhere in the Midwest. Feel free to bring your family and your cameras! What a great way to celebrate the season!
Farrand Farms' holiday offerings include:
Tips for keeping your poinsettias beautiful all season long:
- Nearly 15,000 poinsettias for your home, church or fundraising organizations
- Fresh cut Christmas trees, wreathes and roping
- Many other great and easy care holiday plants like Amaryllis, Paperwhites, Cyclamen, and Christmas Cactus. Visit our "What's New" section for pictures and descriptions of these favorites.
Remember that poinsettias are NOT poisonous. Rumors that they are unfriendly to children and pets are NOT true.
- Display at table height in the brightest natural light possible
- Place your poinsettias away from heat vents and cold drafts
- Poinsettias keep best when kept evenly moist. In most homes, filling the pot with water to the top of the rim once a week is normally sufficient. Adding fertilizer about once monthly will help keep your plants strong and healthy.
Please feel free to call us at (816) 353-2312 should you have any questions.
Labels: Christmas comments